Thursday 29 September 2011

New Project

I have begun my new book and have been working very hard over the last few weeks to begin it. The book is initially called The Medium however that could be set to change.

The Medium is about a lonely recruitment consultant, Michael, who has lost his son in a hit and run accident and since his wife has gone missing. He is finally getting his life together when he is approached by a psychic medium, Jackie, who claims to know of his wife's whereabouts. Michael who is a strong atheist and disbeliever in any afterlife is at first put off by the medium's claims but soon changes his mind when her talents become increasingly convincing. However, is Jackie all that she seems? Does she have alternative motives unbeknownst to Michael? and does she really hold the powers that she claims to hold?

I have been writing away over the last few weeks and have written out the basic plot; beginning, middle and end which is currently at 30,000 words. Now I am in the process of building the story and developing it into a book with plots, twists and scenarios which will find Michael confused as to whether he should believe this so called psychic.

I've been reading through rules regarding debut writers and apparently I should be aiming for around 70,000 words minimum, so I still have a long way to go, but on a daily basis I think about Michael and Jackie and I'm building their daily lives up and the challenges they face. They have recently become almost life like, as if they are people whom I actually know.

I'm registering to FirstWriters.com who have lots of tips on writing your first book and getting it published, they also have a list of literary agents on there, but were a long way off that yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment