Friday 30 September 2011

The Medium...

...is really coming along, is it vain to get excited about your own work? It sounds cringe worthy to say but sometimes I look what I've written and can't believe it was me that created it. It is exactly the type of novel I would be reading had I been in the shops. I suppose it isn't too terrible to be a little bit big headed, anyone in a creative field is surely a tad vain or actually is impressed with their work, otherwise they wouldn't have the nerve to put in the public eye would they?

It is developing fast, I'm writing frequently on the bus, on my breaks at work and even in the bathroom (although the bathroom is where the ideas are developed in my head and not on paper). What is more is that I can see it developing into a television series, like a Sunday evening ITV2 drama. I began writing a screen play for it, but I wasn't very impressed in my screen writing; it would have to be left up to the professionals. But without a doubt, I can see it on screen and for television, and no doubt the American market could pick it up too!


I am potentially getting over excited but I am really enjoying writing it and this is what is most important. It doesn't matter if it doesn't become a best seller. The point it that I've enjoyed the last few weeks so much getting creative and doing something I love. One thing I miss after finishing university was doing projects, writing essays and researching; and this has allowed me to really get my teeth stuck into a project.


Well anyway... as a thank you to all my readers, I thought I would give you a sneak preview of the book; it is by no means near finished this first section, but you get a glimpse at what the book will begin with and how it might develop:



‘’Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome to the stage, Ms Jackie Wallace’’. The audience cheered and applauded as the curtains opened and foggy smoke filled the stage like a 1970s disco. A silhouette appears within the fog and out walks a short, stocky middle-aged woman, deathly white with dark purple hair. Her clothes are of a metallic blue; her fingers wrapped with gems and gold and a pagan cross dangles above her breasts.  Around the side of her face stemmed a microphone which connected to her head so that she didn’t have to carry one; no doubt this was more so that she could transform into the dead freely rather than laziness. The stage was filled with candles, crystals and skulls to make a deathly atmosphere, as this is what tonight was to be about; death.
 The audience of 50 in the conference room B of the Sleep Tight Hotel quietened down and the woman on stage waited until it was deathly silent before she began.

‘’Good evening Ladies and Gentleman. Thank you for coming here tonight. Let us transport ourselves to’’ Jackie paused and the audience waited in suspense, ‘’The Other Side’’. A thundering sound from the speakers caused the conference room to shake like an earthquake had hit the city. The lights dimmed, and only a small spotlight centered on Jackie who was staring forward, startled by a vision.  She was glimmering within the candlelight which surrounded the stage. She took a deep breath in, closed her eyes, and began the reading.
 


Well there's a sneak preview anyway. It needs editing of course, but you get the jist! I'll probably upload little teasers as we go along so make sure you look back for more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment