Thursday 29 September 2011

In The Beginning...

... there was a blank piece of paper. Well actually, in this day of age it was actually a blank MS Word Document labeled Document1 as there had been no reason to save it as anything else as yet. The first words written were 'Untitled by David Hatton'  but it was hoped that would soon to change.

This blog aims to give a detailed account of the writing process from a new unknown author. Whether anything comes of my creations, I have no idea. But like any writer, I do not write to be famous or rich; I write because I love to write and always have. If just one person reads my work and says they enjoyed it (and meant it, not because they didn't want to hurt my feelings) then it is good enough for me. This blog will take readers on the journey through the writing process and onto finding potential buyers in a heavily competitive market. By no means will my processes be orthodox or best practice, I'm still learning myself, but this is an account of just one writer in Manchester.

So why become a writer? Well as I said earlier, I love it. I remember from when I was very little my teacher reading out my stories in class because they were the best. My English Teachers at High School impressed with how I could break down a story or a poem and notice things the academics hadn't even spotted. I write all the time and have written for my own blog, media blogs, charities and news websites. Some noteworthy ones are The Coronation Street Blog, Sophie Lancaster Appeal, One Face In A Million News and Michael Jackson I'm A Dot.

While I've dabbled in fiction, I have never focused on it, and therefore this is my first real attempt at building a story that has been in my head for years. I have also others in the pipeline and cannot wait to share these with you in the upcoming months.

It is amazing where my own personal blog took me, so it shall be very interesting to see where this one takes me. So come with me on my adventure into the literary world!

No comments:

Post a Comment